This free index search covers:
• Births in Victoria from 1853 to 1918
• Marriages in Victoria from 1853 to 1958
• Deaths in Victoria from 1853 to 1988
• Church baptisms, marriages and burials in Victoria from 1836 to 1853
• The Events at sea (Marine) index to 6,200+ entries relating to births, marriages and deaths 1853-1920 on board international and coastal ships bound for port in Victoria
Note: In Feb 2019 the amount of information available for family historians when doing searches was reduced and the Victorian Association of Family History Organisations has recommended via their Blog Post that researchers try to consult the CD-ROM and/or microfiche versions of the index before ordering certificates to ensure the correct person is identified. For details of what has changed and what is missing see the Blog Post.