Queensland State Archives hold a variety of court records: like wills, inquests, murders, criminal depositions, also insolvency and liquidation files. Many of these court records have a restricted access period of 65 or 100 years. There are guides, videos and other information to help you. These records include:
• Criminal depositions 1861-1885
• Divorces 1861-1894
• Equity files 1857-1895
• Inquests 1859-1902
• Instruments of renunciation 1915-1983 – lists names, death date, date filed and reference. Renunciations are where the Executor/Executrix no longer wishes to administer the will
• Justices of the Peace 1857-1922
• Naturalisations 1851-1904
• Trustees files 1889-1929
• Wills 1857-1940 compiled from original Supreme Court files. It lists names, district, will number and references.
Note: You can search online indexes and there is free access to digital images of the original records if available.