This Digital library of printed primary and secondary history sources for the history of Britain and Ireland with a primary focus on the period between 1300 and 1800. This site covers England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. Most of the content is freely available. Subscribers can access a premium section. Currently there are 1,280+ titles available. A small selection includes:
• Fasti Ecclesiae Anglicanae
• Gazetteer of Markets and Fairs in England and Wales to 1516
• Victoria County History of England
• The Survey of London – an enormous collection of information about the London area
• 19th century Ordnance Survey maps
• Journals of the House of Lords and House of Commons
• Calendars of state papers, letters and diaries
• Glasgow, Records of the Burgh – Extracts from the Burgh records, 1573-1690
• A Topographical Dictionary of Scotland
• Dictionary of Traded Goods and Commodities, 1550-1820 – A dictionary of nearly 4,000 terms found used in documents relating to trade and retail in early modern Britain.
TIP: Spend some time exploring what this site has to offer and search for surnames and place names of interest.