Explore the Illawarra, its people, history and environment using these categories:
• Local Studies -Explore the Illawarra, its people, history and environment
• llawarra Images – Illawarra Images is a fascinating collection of more than 26,000 photographs of the Wollongong area since the 1800s. Images include people, places, buildings and event
• Illawarra Stories – Illawarra Stories, an oral history project of Wollongong City Libraries capturing people’s recollections of life in the Illawarra.
• Your Suburb – Explore the history of Austinmer, Avon, Avondale, Balgownie, Bellambi, Berkeley, Brownsville, Bulli, Cataract, Cleveland, Clifton, Coalcliff, Coledale, Coniston, Cordeaux, Corrimal, Cringila, Dapto, Darkes Forest, Fairy Meadow, Farmborough Heights, Fernhill, Figtree, Gwynneville, Hawyards Bay, Helensburgh, Horsley, Huntley, Kanahooka, Keiraville, Kembla Grange, Kembla Heights, Koonawarra, Lake Heights, Lilyvale, Maddens Plains, Mangerton, Marshall Mount, Mount Kembla, Mount Keira, Mount Ousley, Mount Pleasant, Mount St Thomas, North Wollongong, Otford, Penrose, Port Kembla, Primbee, Russell Vale, Scarborough, Spring Hill, Stanwell Park, Stanwell Tops, Thirroul, Towradgi, Unanderra, Warrawong, West Wollongong, Windang, Wollongong, Wombarra, Wongawilli, Woonona and Yallah. Also include details of the early residents of the suburb.
• Family History – Resources to help you research your family history.
• Illawarra Remembers 1914-1918 – Profiles of service men and women from the Illawarra during World War I.
A must visit site if you have family from the Illawarra.